Do you know how to make your case for an interview? Follow these 10 interview tips to boost your chances of landing the job.
1. The interview begins the moment you enter the building. Treat everyone with respect while maintaining eye contact. Anyone you run into on your way in could be asked to give feedback on you.
2. It’s okay to get nervous. To calm down, take short breaths and breathe faster. Stay calm by taking a deep breath before entering.
3. Greet everyone in a way that is authentic to you, like, hey, nice to meet you and say their name. That one always works
4. Most of the time, small talk comes up before any questions. It’s always good to have a few current events or topics in mind
5. You can’t judge on the questions they are going to ask but you can always practice answering the common ones like, why do you want to work here? what makes you unique?
6. Be genuine. It’s alright to pause before answering. It never hurts, to be honest. Be yourself and let your personality shine.
7. Never speak negatively about the previous places you have worked. Instead, talk about what you have learned.
8. Be aware of your movements. Practice polite, confident body language. Unnecessary movements are hard to ignore in an interview.
9. Make sure you have a shortlist of questions for your employer in your back pocket. Asking a few questions shows that you have done your homework and that you care.
10. Always follow up within 24 hours with the thank you email to the hiring manager.
Believe in yourself. You are the only person who matters. Go in there wearing confidence and self-belief with a cheerful spirit and come out with a brand new job in hand.
All the very best.